Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Disorientation Week

After a week of hanging out with the Sonic Christian Youth of Ohio, driving through Appalachia to North Carolina, then back East via NYC, I am finally back in Boston for BPS orientations and the start of the school year. Major. reality. check.

No more BBQ for breakfast. No more noon reveilles. No more watching back-to-back episodes of Home Movies. No more boat times with Old Greg. Being an adult is lame, dressing like one is lamer, and waking up at 6am again is the most lamest. I do hope I can remember the boat times of this summer during this school year. I like this new too-blessed-to-be-stressed version of myself that has emerged since graduation.

As for a report-back, so far BPS teachers seem to be a sharper bunch than those one might find at TUSD but I realize no matter where I go there will always be a teacher who does not know their plural noun forms and I need to accept this as a fact of life. Okay, off to bed so I can attend another full day about building and fostering communitys within the classroom.

Ooh! I forgot! Mayor Menino paid all the new BPS teachers a visit this morning and addressed us in his lovably incoherent way. Luckily it was around 7am this morning, a time I am not usually known for being giggly during. However, I did chortle to myself each time he pronounced the word "kindergarden" as "kin-dee-garden." You would have too.

No comments: